One of the interesting statistics to emerge from this report is the usage of Facebook, Twitter and blogs for new age marketing rather than traditional forms of advertising. Sixty-five per cent of the people surveyed said that social media was a deciding factor within their purchase process.
Marketing Charts, the source of most of these marketing stats, also refers to another study which shows that while 58% of marketers in North America use social media, only 34% of marketers in Europe are using social media.
Marketing Charts also indicated the importance of updated blogs in another study, stating that business blogs generate leads if they are updated frequently.
- Blogging increases your Twitter reach by 75%
- Websites with blogs get 55% more visitors
- Facebook pages for US companies have 4,300 Facebook fans on average
- 63% of businesses say blogging and social media generate leads at a lower cost of other marketing activities
- Inbound marketing focused companies generate leads at a 60% lower cost than companies who focus on outbound marketing
- Out of companies who blog, 46% have attracted revenue through their blog
- Out of companies who blog regularly, 90% of companies attracted customers through their blog if they post daily, but only 38% attracted for those who blog monthly